|Marlin release courtesy of Reel Candy Sportfishing.|
Sometimes the best made plans do not turn out as expected. Radio Man, History Lady and special guest co-host Ed Griffith anxiously waited for phone-in guest and Florida tourism guru Jack Wert, to call in to the show to discuss proposed changes in the way Florida is promoted as a world class destination. Well, Jack got tied up in meetings and his call didn't come until after the show, so the Talkin’ Tourism crew moved on to the spring cleaning (or purging) of the show files.
With lots of items to cover, the hour, as always, flew by. What did we cover? Here is the list:
- St. Lucie Inlet dredging
- Approval of a fee-based U.S. Customs Office in Stuart
- Robin’s secret mission to San Salvador
- The Bahamas Billfish Championship
- Bimini Big Game Club’s approaching inaugural Billfish Invitational
- Third annual Lionfish Derby & Dinner at Green Turtle Cay
- Ladies Let’s Go Fishing Seminar coming to Stuart
- Three tips to beat airline extra baggage fees
- Increased bed tax dollars this season on the Treasure Coast, and
- the main topic, the possible changes to Visit Florida from the perspective of a local Treasure Coast hotelier.
Some of these topics (dredging of the St. Lucie Inlet, Visit Florida, fishing, and secret missions) will return as more details unfold.
If you missed the show, download the audio file HERE. As always, thanks for listening and be sure to tune back in on Friday at 10 a.m. for another fun hour of Talkin' Tourism. Will Robin find her "guy in a blue suit?" We'll let you know on Friday!